Monday, December 20, 2010

Neurologically based Chiropractic

Like tons of other people, my life is crazy.  I've got a lot going on, much of which is detrimental to me, but beyond my control.  I show signs of those stresses, in ways that are then detrimental to those around me sometimes.  I'm cranky, and snippy, and my loved ones don't get to see the best me there is.  That's not fair to them.

I had a nasty kink in my neck, and decided to see the chiropractor.  The first appealing thing about him is that he's got a "cash donation" system, so you donate as much or as little as you can.  That means when I'm really in a bad place, I don't have to forgo getting some help for lack of a money or insurance.  He is also a very likable guy, and I feel good about his advice, as well as the care he gives.

He has recently switched from a traditional approach to a new "neurologically based" model.  So, rather than go in and get crunched on, you now take a class, get a brain wave test, take digital pictures of your posture, and then meet again with the doctor for a report of his findings.  Today was my visit to hear his report.

So, my Alpha waves are on target, and my Beta and Theta are imbalanced.  He tells me that my Beta is my elevated.  My stress response is tuck in the "on" position.  My Theta, the growth and repair phase is also stuck and doesn't disengage.  I'm not sure how that happens, that I'm over and under reactive, but he says its possible.

So now I'm on the schedule for twice a week adjustments to my spine, which will ideally reduce stresses on my frame, and allow my body to open it's healing pathways to fix itself.  Sounds like hoodoo, but he has an example to make every question I asked make perfect sense.  At the end of the day, even if it is hoodoo, I feel better when I leave.  We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment