Thursday, June 6, 2013

The First Day of Summer Break

At last it is here!  Summer vacation has arrived, complete with all the excitement and optimism.  It's just past lunchtime and we're already bored.  We've done chores, played games, planned future activities, made dish detergent, and even attempted "rest time".  I think more time needs to be spent on the future activity planning!

We're toying with the idea of a days of the week plan adapted from something I found on Pinterest.  Make Something Monday, Take a Trip Tuesday, Wet and Wild Wednesday, Thinking Thursday, and Fun Friday.  So now I'm pouring through my pins looking at all the tidbits I've been setting aside for this very purpose and trying to categorize them.  We plan to jot the ideas onto slips of paper in a jar for each day, then do a random draw each morning, or maybe the night before.  God forbid I implement this and am missing something crucial at the last minute!

Munchkin seems excited, but just like his Mama wants to over think the plan.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment